Open to people of all faiths and of no faith. Bring a picnic, enjoy music from the Pompey Pluckers, and meet various cycling groups and traders from our city.
At 2pm, there will be a short service when we will bless people and their bikes, give thanks to those who improve road safety, remember those killed or injured on the roads and celebrate the gift of cycling.
St Mary’s Church Tower will also be open from 2-4pm. This will provide a chance to climb the tower and to see the stunning views of the surrounding, as well as to take a breath-taking view over the nave and chancel from the bellringer’s room. T&Cs apply, the last entry will be at 3.30pm.
T&Cs for climbing the church tower:
• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• No children under the age of 5yrs or under 1m tall are allowed to climb the tower.
• No opened toed shoes, sandals or flip flops are allowed.
• Please follow all instructions from our volunteers, the stairs are too steep & narrow for two-way traffic. Give space to others to avoid tripping.
• The tower may need to close at short notice due to adverse weather conditions.
• The clergy hold the right to refuse anyone access to the tower if persons are deemed unsafe or not fit to climb.
• The church will not take any responsibility for any accident, injury, or theft on our premises. Enjoy yourself but be vigilant at all times. You climb at your own risk.
• Persons with heart conditions or pre-existing medical conditions, mobility difficulties or any condition where the effort of climbing is considered hazardous should refrain from attempting this climb. You are required to exercise due care & attention during your visit.