We welcome you
The Parish of St Mary consists of three Churches and a wide cross section of people of all ages and backgrounds.
We welcome people who wish to explore their faith with us through the various groups and discussions that take place here. We also enjoy meeting together in relaxed and informal occasions and at special events and celebrations. The great thing about the Parish is the variety of ways in which we come together and I look forward to meeting you at some of them!
Whether you are a visitor, or a newcomer to one of the Churches, or are enquiring about Baptism or Marriage then I hope that you will visit us again for one of the services or activities listed here.
If you have any questions or want more information then please do get in touch with one of the clergy or other people listed on the contacts page.
With best wishes and prayers.
The Churches of St Faith’s, St Mary’s and St Wilfrid’s – the people of God in this Parish seek to be a reflection of the Trinity: that is seen and expressed in particular ways and in particular places. All are equal and all are valued, all have a contribution to make, and all seek to recognise the gifts of others.
To do this we need to address:
- How we are centred on prayer and worship
- How we communicate internally, and externally, effectively
- How we seek to make all welcome and improve accessibility
- How we grow as a team while recognising individual (both Churches and people) strengths and weaknesses
- How we encourage social activities which are quality and affordable
- How we develop, value, and use our resources – both buildings and people
To do this we will have an agreed plan, which is reviewed regularly. The PCC identified 5 key areas for the vision and the plan that will follow
- Balance of Team/Individual
- Resources of people and buildings
There is a meeting each year of the DCCs and PCC to review this Vision and the plan that emerges from it