Our 2019 Organ Recital Series continues with a recital given by Andrew Cleary of St Peter’s, Bishops Waltham in aid of The Organ Project (http://www.theorganproject.org). Please do join us for a glass of wine and listen to the fantastic Walker organ in St Mary’s Church, Portsea. The recitalist in the organ loft is relayed instantaneously to a large screen which makes for gripping viewing!
- Festival Toccata – Percy Eastman Fletcher (1879-1932);
- Aria – Flor Peeters (1903-1986);
- Suite Gothique, Op 25: i) Introduction – Choral ii) Menuet gothique iii) Prière à Notre-Dame iv) Toccata – Léon Boëllmann (1862-1897);
- Fantaisie No.3, Op.157 – Camille Saint-Saëns (1835-1921);
- Hornpipe Humoresque – Noel Rawsthorne (1929-2019).
Andrew Cleary. Graduated from the University of East Anglia. Organ Scholar at Norwich Cathedral and worked with the Norwich Philharmonic Choir and the Aldeburgh Festival Chorus. Studied at the Royal College of Music from 1990, directing the vocal Ensemble Nouve Musiche. Assistant Organist at St Martin-in-the-Fields Church, Trafalgar Square making regular broadcasts for BBC Radio and television and directing the St Martin’s Scholars. He is currently Associate Lecturer in Music and Music Theatre at the University of Chichester, Music Director of the Fareham Philharmonic Choir and Octavox, Music Director and Organist at St Peter’s Church, Bishop’s Waltham and Organist and Repetiteur of the Lee Choral Society.